If you’re looking to be a part of a hard-working, creative team with a family vibe that envisions fearlessly, designs boldly and plans strategically, we want to hear from you! The Blakely Interior Design team loves vibrant, talented creative professionals who enthusiastically share our core values –
COMMUNICATION • DESIGN EXCELLENCE • BRAVERY • AUTHENTICITY • INTEGRITY
We’re a small boutique firm doing big things in the world, a family that works together toward the common goal of providing our clients with an exceptional design experience and remarkable results. See below for current job openings, but we’re always growing and looking for exceptional people to join our team, so feel free to email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and to send us your resume.
Interested in learning about how to break into the design business? Blakely’s founder, owner and principal designer, Janelle Photopolous, hosts open coffee hours from time to time at our offices to answer questions and chat about what it takes to get a design career started in a casual, friendly setting. Check our Events page for upcoming dates and times.
SUMMER 2019 INTERIOR DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Are you an exceptional interior design student looking for some hands-on experience? We’re looking for a self-motivated and energetic design intern to join our team this summer! You’ll participate in a variety of design projects, from concept phase all the way through completion. You’ll have hands-on experience in almost every aspect of the design process including an opportunity to collaborate with other talented designers and to get first-hand insight into how design projects are executed outside of the classroom.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assisting design team with development of design concepts, product specifications and preparing presentations.
- Preparing and modifying architectural documents, drawings and elevations using AutoCAD and/or REVIT.
- Developing and maintaining client binders with all project details.
- Shopping for styling items and assisting design team on site for field measures and installations.
- Assisting in updating and organizing the design library.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate interior design program in their junior or senior year or a graduate interior design program.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit. Applicants without CAD knowledge or experience will not be considered.
- Strong space planning skills and a keen design sense
This is a part-time, paid internship. Position is 15-20 hours/week. Please submit resume, cover letter and portfolio of work to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls. Applicants will only be considered via online application or email.
SUMMER 2019 MARKETING/PR INTERNSHIP
We’re looking for a self-motivated and energetic marketing and public relations intern to join our team this summer. You’ll work closely with our design and marketing teams to create and help execute the marketing plan and social media strategy. You should be a strong writer, have the ability to multi-task, be social media savvy, detail oriented and eager to learn. Knowledge of graphic design principals and Photoshop are a plus. Positive attitude is a must!
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Online outreach and promotion using and monitoring our social media platforms
- Tracking and analyzing online marketing efforts and optimizing accordingly
- Development of graphic assets for promotional use online and in print
- Assist design team in the creation of visual presentations
- Help with other marketing needs, such as market research, reporting, content writing, story pitches, website updates, event marketing and more.
- Must be a Marketing major or closely related field. Graphic Design background/minor a strong plus.
- Strong familiarity with social media and digital marketing platforms
Familiarity with photo editing software a strong plus
This is a part-time, paid internship. Position is 10-15 hours/week. Please submit resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls. Applicants will only be considered via online application or email.