If you’re looking to be a part of a hard-working, creative team with a family vibe that envisions fearlessly, designs boldly and plans strategically, we want to hear from you! The Blakely Interior Design team loves vibrant, talented creative professionals who enthusiastically share our core values –
COMMUNICATION • DESIGN EXCELLENCE • BRAVERY • AUTHENTICITY • INTEGRITY
We’re a small boutique firm doing big things in the world, a family that works together toward the common goal of providing our clients with an exceptional design experience and remarkable results. We’re always growing and looking for exceptional people to join our team, so feel free to email us anytime at email@example.com to introduce yourself and to send us your resume.
Interested in learning about how to break into the design business? Blakely’s founder, owner and principal designer, Janelle Photopolous, hosts open coffee hours from time to time at our offices to answer questions and chat about what it takes to get a design career started in a casual, friendly setting.
Design Project Manager
We are a full-service high-end residential interior design firm based in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, seeking to bring a fresh, talented and motivated Project Manager to join our team. As one of the fastest-growing firms in the region, we have designed homes across the east coast and beyond.
First, a few questions…
- Are you a Type A and proud of it?
- Do you use systems and checklists even in your personal life?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, you get along well with others, but you also know how to inspire the team to get things done.
If you answered yes to the above questions, then this might be the role for you.
About the Position:
The Project Manager (PM) works closely with our design and procurement team to make sure we deliver on project deliverables – on budget and on schedule. They will be the link between our vision and it becoming a reality for our clients. Because this is a key position and has a wide range of responsibilities, we’re searching for the best and the brightest…someone with a thorough knowledge of the interior design process. This position has high expectations – but if you’re the person we’re looking for then you’re already motivated by high expectations!
This position will be responsible for managing the many moving parts of our design projects.
Some of the requirements and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and management of project schedules and budgets
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure accurate and timely execution of project deliverables
- Responsible for day-to-day client communication and building the client trust through delivering on our promises
- Coordinate with all trades and partners on the project to ensure ease and continuity of communication throughout project, while managing the relationship between clients and trades/vendors
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of project documentation including material schedules/specification books, project proposals and product/work orders
- Responsible for preparing meeting agendas and issuing prompt meeting recap notes from client/trade meetings
- Advise Principal and Design Team of project progress, identifying potential issues before they occur
- Advise clients of project progress, promptly notifying them of potential delays or changes
- Assist in preparation of design presentations and any client-facing communication needed to advance the project
- Keep track of change orders related to the design development phase
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A strong knowledge of day-to-day interior design processes.
- 1-3 years of experience on high end residential projects. Having familiarity with industry vendors, experience with home construction projects and an interior design degree are all a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to effectively present information to internal team members, clients and vendors alike.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload of self and others.
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Knowledge of project management principles & practices.
- Approaches each day with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects under pressure.
- Highly motivated and an eagerness to learn our systems.
- Ability to work well both independently and on small teams.
- Has strong time management skills, the ability to handle multiple projects with many moving parts at one time and prioritize within a fast-paced environment while producing high quality work.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Be able to work autonomously and stay focused on the job at hand.
- A positive, happy individual who will contribute to the team – no egos here, please!
Duration, Salary & Benefits:
- Full-time position with benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical & dental insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
How to Apply:
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter indicating why you’d be an amazing addition to our team
- 200 word writing sample about anything NON work-related you are passionate about.
- Write the word “fig” in the subject line (so we know you’re paying attention 😉 )
Submissions missing this information will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
More about our firm:
Color is at the core of everything we do at Blakely Interior Design. Through bold, yet balanced use of color, pattern and texture, our mission is to inspire our clients, and those around us, to live vibrantly. By thoughtfully designing spaces that improve functionality, encourage community and uplift our clients, we aim to transform not only homes but everyday lives. We prioritize communication, collaboration and design excellence, allowing our team of creative professionals to deliver remarkable spaces that feel authentic, inspiring and fearless.