If you’re looking to be a part of a hard-working, creative team with a family vibe that envisions fearlessly, designs boldly and plans strategically, we want to hear from you! The Blakely Interior Design team loves vibrant, talented creative professionals who enthusiastically share our core values –
COMMUNICATION • DESIGN EXCELLENCE • BRAVERY • AUTHENTICITY • INTEGRITY
We’re a small boutique firm doing big things in the world, a family that works together toward the common goal of providing our clients with an exceptional design experience and remarkable results. See below for current job openings, but we’re always growing and looking for exceptional people to join our team, so feel free to email us anytime at email@example.com to introduce yourself and to send us your resume.
Interested in learning about how to break into the design business? Blakely’s founder, owner and principal designer, Janelle Photopolous, hosts open coffee hours from time to time at our offices to answer questions and chat about what it takes to get a design career started in a casual, friendly setting. Check our Events page for upcoming dates and times.
Fall Interior Design Internship
We’re looking for a self-motivated, passionate and energetic design intern to join our team this Fall. Our intern will participate in a variety of design projects, from concept phase through completion. You’ll have hands-on experience in almost every aspect of the design process. You’ll have an opportunity to collaborate with other talented designers to expand your knowledge of design as well as first hand insight to how design projects are executed outside of the classroom.
- Assist design team with development of design concepts, product specifications and preparing presentations.
- Prepare and modify architectural documents, drawings and elevations using AutoCAD and/or REVIT.
- Developing and maintaining client binders with all project detail.
- Shopping for styling items and assist design team on site for field measures and installations.
- Assist in updating and organizing the design library
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate interior design program in their junior or senior year or a graduate interior design program.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit. Applicants without CAD knowledge or experience will not be considered
- Strong space planning skills and a keen design sense.
This is a part-time, paid internship. Position is 15-20 hours/week. Please submit resume, cover letter and portfolio of work to INFO@BLAKELINTERIORDESIGN.COM. Please no phone calls. Applicants will only be considered via online application or email.
PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR/ADMIN ASSISTANT
Blakely Interior Design is seeking a Procurement & Inventory Coordinator and Administrative Assistant to join our residential interior design firm in North Kingstown, RI. Our ideal candidate has an outgoing, can-do attitude and is eager to jump in and support the design team in a variety of procurement, inventory and administrative functions. This is a perfect opportunity for a detailed oriented, meticulously organized, analytical numbers person who is passionate about growing with a rapidly expanding design studio. Working knowledge of techniques, products, and materials used in high-end residential environments a plus. Professional appearance and phone manner, a positive attitude and incredible attention to detail is required.
- Maintain a highly organized and efficient procurement system: assist with generating and processing purchase orders and vendor payments, verify order confirmations / sales orders, track orders, delivery /installation coordination and project reconciliations with our Business Manager.
- Assist designers in producing client estimates and confirmations – place, process and manage all vendor orders through to completion, coordinating the curing of any defects.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and maintain project binders for all items ordered for each. This requires heavy vendor and client contact by phone and by e-mail.
- Schedule and track deliveries and project installations. Receive orders and verify accuracy.
- Prepare and discuss the status of all orders of each project at weekly staff meetings.
- General organizational, administrative and office upkeep tasks.
NOTE: This is not a design job, but one that supports the design process.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree or higher in Accounting / Business OR a minimum of 2 years related experience with a background in procurement and basic bookkeeping/accounting.
- Experience with basic office technology and equipment, including MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel. Studio Designer/Webware knowledge a huge plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with unwavering attention to detail and accuracy. Should be passionate about processing and reconciling a high volume of orders and transactional data with precision in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and highly competent in a variety of areas with minimal need for supervision.
- Possess strong multitasking abilities and confidence in managing tasks in order to meet every deadline.
- Ability to learn and grow in high pressure situations. It’s a fun, casual environment but we all work very hard.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The right candidate is respectful and passionate with an outgoing personality.
- This is a full-time position with flexible PTO and paid holidays. Part-time position will be considered for the right candidate.
- If you are excited about the prospect of joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team, please send your cover letter and resume to INFO@BLAKELYINTERIORDESIGN.COM