If you’re looking to be a part of a hard-working, creative team with a family vibe that envisions fearlessly, designs boldly and plans strategically, we want to hear from you! The Blakely Interior Design team loves vibrant, talented creative professionals who enthusiastically share our core values –
COMMUNICATION • DESIGN EXCELLENCE • BRAVERY • AUTHENTICITY • INTEGRITY
We’re a small boutique firm doing big things in the world, a family that works together toward the common goal of providing our clients with an exceptional design experience and remarkable results. See below for current job openings, but we’re always growing and looking for exceptional people to join our team, so feel free to email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and to send us your resume.
Interested in learning about how to break into the design business? Blakely’s founder, owner and principal designer, Janelle Photopolous, hosts open coffee hours from time to time at our offices to answer questions and chat about what it takes to get a design career started in a casual, friendly setting. Check our Events page for upcoming dates and times.
Are you an experienced interior designer with a killer eye, affinity for color and extreme attention to detail? We’re currently looking for a wildly creative interior designer with excellent communication skills to join the Blakely team! Our interior designers are responsible for managing design projects from start to finish under the direction of our Design Director and Principal. This collaborative environment is what elevates our designs so being open to direction is a must! You will create, manage and implement every step of client projects – from sourcing products and materials to communicating with vendors, contractors and of course, our clients. Attention to detail and organizational skills are critical for this position. We have a fast-paced environment and expect a very high level of work from our team.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of professional interior design experience
- Strong AutoCAD skills and ability to create construction documents
- Strong knowledge of trade sources
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience working with FF&E and understanding of specifications requirements
- Great communication and experience consulting directly with clients
- Confidence and ability to communicate your ideas clearly
- Strong leadership and self-motivation
- Great multi-tasking skills
- The ability to work with a team and take direction
- A great attitude – no egos please
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you feel this is a position for you and are excited about joining our talented team, we would love to see your cover letter, resume and portfolio. Submissions without will not be considered. Please send to: email@example.com. Please, no phone calls. Applicants will only be considered via online application or email.
Portfolio should include 4-5 examples of projects you have worked on. Projects should not only demonstrate your drawing skills, but also your process, the challenges you were trying to solve, and methods used and your creative solution.
PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR/ADMIN ASSISTANT
Blakely Interior Design is seeking a Procurement & Inventory Coordinator and Administrative Assistant to join our residential interior design firm in North Kingstown, RI. Our ideal candidate has an outgoing, can-do attitude and is eager to jump in and support the design team in a variety of procurement, inventory and administrative functions. This is a perfect opportunity for a detailed oriented, meticulously organized, analytical numbers person who is passionate about growing with a rapidly expanding design studio. Working knowledge of techniques, products, and materials used in high-end residential environments a plus. Professional appearance and phone manner, a positive attitude and incredible attention to detail is required.
- Maintain a highly organized and efficient procurement system: assist with generating and processing purchase orders and vendor payments, verify order confirmations / sales orders, track orders, delivery /installation coordination and project reconciliations with our Business Manager.
- Assist designers in producing client estimates and confirmations – place, process and manage all vendor orders through to completion, coordinating the curing of any defects.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and maintain project binders for all items ordered for each. This requires heavy vendor and client contact by phone and by e-mail.
- Schedule and track deliveries and project installations. Receive orders and verify accuracy.
- Prepare and discuss the status of all orders of each project at weekly staff meetings.
- General organizational, administrative and office upkeep tasks.
NOTE: This is not a design job, but one that supports the design process.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree or higher in Accounting / Business OR a minimum of 2 years related experience with a background in procurement and basic bookkeeping/accounting.
- Experience with basic office technology and equipment, including MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel. Studio Designer/Webware knowledge a huge plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with unwavering attention to detail and accuracy. Should be passionate about processing and reconciling a high volume of orders and transactional data with precision in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and highly competent in a variety of areas with minimal need for supervision.
- Possess strong multitasking abilities and confidence in managing tasks in order to meet every deadline.
- Ability to learn and grow in high pressure situations. It’s a fun, casual environment but we all work very hard.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The right candidate is respectful and passionate with an outgoing personality.
- This is a full-time position with flexible PTO and paid holidays. Part-time position will be considered for the right candidate.
- If you are excited about the prospect of joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team, please send your cover letter and resume to INFO@BLAKELYINTERIORDESIGN.COM